Find What You're Looking For

April 29, 2009

Date Night with my Pops

Me & My Pops

I got the great idea to treat my dad out to a night of music and bonding. The radio station I live by, KPFK (90.7 fm in Los Angeles) had a benefit show @ the Mint in L.A

All the proceeds went to the radio station <3
Like a true gentlewoman, I drove to my dads apt. to pick him up.
I had to wait on my dad as he finished getting ready (I thought I was bad hahah) before we finally were ready to head over to The Mint. It's a nice joint, not to far from our respective homes.
The headliner and the reason for this occasion was to see Master Conguero Poncho Sanchez and his Latin Jazz Band. This truly was a treat not only for my dad but for me and all the other attendants that night. The band played an hour set filled with laughs, stories and good sounds.
ALL IN ALL a good night.I plan on taking out older family members in hopes and in search of a better understanding of why and who they are today and how they affect me in my life. I learned much about my dad in this one night that I would have at work with him. He is calmed and replenished by music. He is music. Lives and breathes it. Mad respect to you Pops.

2 comments:

  1. my mom and her sister love listening to poncho sanchez his music is pretty cool i hope it was fun to spend a day with your dad laets linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. what ur dad a og pimp haha. -drew

    ReplyDelete