Find What You're Looking For

February 2, 2012

The High Road

In Oct. 2009 I got a DUI. Yeah, it's true. I got locked up overnight, my car impounded, released the next morning & was in for a life changing experience.

I had to enroll in DUI classes, do 90 hours of community labor, attend AA meetings, & on top of paying thousands of dollars to the courts, I had to live with the stigma of having a DUI.

I quickly realized that I, Linda Vanessa Tovar, am an alcoholic. I managed to stay sober for 6 months straight. It was the most embarrassing & degrading times of my life. I quickly began to loath even having a thought of anything alcoholic, eventually leading to drink again. I've since done a great job in monitoring and being a responsible drinker. The experience has taught me  lot about our government/court system, revealed  lot of truths about myself in which I'm taking the steps to being a better human being.

I can only hope that people consider drinking and driving a serious matter. I really appreciate and admirer my friends and co-workers that are responsible individuals. I'm happy to have them as role models. Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment