Find What You're Looking For

January 27, 2012

First poem of the year - 2012

& this is how I'm feeling
& this is how it's been lived.

I've bottled up so much energy that it's beaming from within

It's pushing out all the hatred, karate chopping  my fears, it's holding on
like George of the Jungle, swinging past my tears.

And all it comes from me, holding back, giving it stamp of approval
when it never needed that, letting people live through me and to me
for reasons that have fooled me, sitting back & relaxing while I listen to tunes of a
once upon a time, when it had and is always in me, to be the best me, to live like the trees,
tall and strong, with roots so deep into this earth, it would take mother nature to make me fall.
To live like the leaves, flowing back & forth, attached to a tree, holding on to it's roots with no remorse. Swayed by the wind that takes the leaves places it ain't never been before, only to find it's place back on the ground as it hits the floor. Shared into pieces, shared to the world, leaving remains for the wind so it can take it back again, moving here there and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment