Find What You're Looking For

April 13, 2012

I wrote this poem a long time ago, a really long time ago, ya feel me?!


you swear like you know.

you're unbelieveable you are
walking around like you know whats up
its a shame you dont know the harm you elude
you see and then you believe
but theres more to what you think you know
 
remember memories last a life time
and i have a life time of memories
things so shady so hazy and unclear
that ive concluded to only one thing
and that is for all that you've known me for
from birth to this breath 
you only know what u've seen and what ive allowed
for you to know
 
what hinders inside is just as important
like the rest.
 
retract your steps
retract your moves your words and words unsaid.
its what you didnt do that left me bruised.
 
and yet i pity you and i pity me
because we are one and the same you and i.
 
Because,
 
although we may never really see eye to eye
you are the one who gave me the color to my eyes
and yet we fight and argue for days at a time
you are the strength in my voice and the courage in my fight.
you see, even though we dont ever get along
the love and respect i have for you  lasts everlong.
 
(written for my madre, my mother.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
for shits & giggles :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai1yagSvUUI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment