Find What You're Looking For

April 5, 2012

Last night's dream

I've been glued to the computer editing video after video, taking breaks here & there to read a book I found over 5 years ago at "Out of the Closet" thrift store. The title of the book is "The Handbook to Higher Consciousness"written by Ken Keyes Jr. The book is extremely interested & powerful. It requires me as the reader to separate my addictions (whatever makes me unhappy) & in the words of Paul McCartney "Let it be". My biggest fear is rejection. I grew up in a single parent household, where my mother was the bread winner & the care giver. She was hardly ever home & always had a new boy friend when the last didn't work out. As a teen, I started dating & lost my virginity at 15, something that to this day, I am not proud nor shameful about. I had become a mirror of my mother, seeking for love in others, whether it be boyfriends, my gal pals or through teachers & mentors. Since the age of 15, I've been in 4 relationships that lasted more than 2 years each. Now at the age of 24, I find myself single, as I had to step away from a relationship that on the outside seemed perfect while the truth of the matter was I was unhappy because I knew/know I have unsettled feelings, mixed emotions & am insecure about my self-worth.

My dream last night was about meeting someone named "You" who was, what seemed to be, the love of my life.

When I woke up this morning, all I could do was laugh.  The face of man did not stick with me since I am aware that I had been glued to the computer editing long enough that one of the images I had seen early could have seeped into my dream.

What mattered most to me was the name, the message I was receiving in my subconscious dream state. The love of me life is "you"who, I interpreted to be "me".

Because I still keep in touch with my most recent ex, get out of the blue text messages from a long time crush, meet interesting & fascinating gentlemen while on tour, it's easy to get caught up in my head.

So today, I am freeing myself from those strings of attachment. I am more focused on my well being, my state of mind, & most importantly my career. Today was yesterday's tomorrow, & I plan to make it a good one.  Thank you for reading. Please feel free to leave comments or questions. Much love & much respect, Linda V. Tovar


No comments:

Post a Comment